Sunday, April 6, 2008

Triceps

Triceps are fun to work out because they are quick and easy. Triceps are located on the arm at the opposite side of the bicep. Strengthening the triceps can increase you bench press because they assist the chest muscles in the lift. The first exercise I usually do is four sets five or ten repetitions of extensions with the curl bar. After every repetition I squeeze my triceps as hard as I can. The second exercise I do is punch press for three sets of twelve repetitions. Punch presses are done with dumbbells and they are similar top bench press except your wrists are turned in and your elbows are kept tight at your side. The next exercise I do is rope ins when you connect the cable machine with the rope and pull the rope down and end away from each other. I usually do rope ins for three sets of five or six repetitions. The next exercise I do is pushdowns or reverse pushdowns on the cable machine for three sets of ten repetitions. The last exercise I always do is close grip bench press. I like doing close grip bench press last because you are already fatigued and you really have to push yourself to do well. I work up to a five rep max on close grip bench press. When you’re using a close grip it does not work your chest because you keep your elbows in and only your triceps are getting the work. When working out triceps form is the most important thing always keep your elbows in and always flex your muscle after every repetition.

No comments: