Sunday, April 6, 2008

Shoulders

I dislike working out shoulders because they require the most work of all of the upper body muscles. There are a lot of different exercises for shoulders so it takes a lot of time to work out. I usually work out shoulders on Wednesdays. I believe the best exercises for shoulders are military press, shrugs, upright rows, and side raises. I usually do eight sets of military presses; four sets using the bar doing five or six repetitions and four sets using dumbbells doing ten, twelve, or fifteen repetitions. For shrugs I do six sets; two sets using the machine with light weight for thirty repetitions, two sets using the bar with heavy weight for eight to ten repetitions, and two sets using dumbbells with light weight for fifteen repetitions. For upright rows I use the curl bar and do three sets; the first set of twelve repetitions, the second set of eight repetitions, and the last set of five or six repetitions increasing the weight every set. I usually do five sets of side raises switching the grip, weight, and repetitions up every set. Shoulders are the only upper body muscle that I do not enjoy working out.

No comments: