Saturday, February 2, 2008

How I Got Into Weight Training

I grew up in a big football town in Lacey New Jersey. We had won several championships in pop warner and high school. Everyday after school my friends and I would play football, go to football practice, and then have play madden on playstation. When football season was over we still played everyday after school. One day when I was in 7th grade during the offseason I got grounded for a month for something and was not allowed to go outside. I started lifting weights on a very old bench. The only two excercises I really knew how to do were bench press and curls. I didn't really like curling so I mainly stuck with bench press and I loved it. I liked lifting so much I practically did it everyday. The older I got the more I liked it because I was always training with different people. Training with different people is great because you learn every variation of every excercise. When I got into high school I joined a powerlifting team which competed in many competitions. Powerlifting was a great sport because it really improved my strength skills in other sports like football and wrestling.

No comments: