Friday, February 22, 2008

162/6 Rule

How much do you think you should be spending in the gym? I live by a rule where I don't spend any more than 6 hours in the gym in one week. The six muscle groups that I work out are chest, tricep, back, bicep, shoulders, and legs. I work out six muscle groups so I spend one hour or less a week on each muscle group. Sometimes when I am just doing cardio for the week I spend even less time in the gym, maybe only 2 or 3 hours a week for cardio. I try to get to the gym six days a week, for one hour a day, and work out one muscle group a day. Sometimes if I get too busy with school and work I go three days a week and do two muscle groups a day. A lot of people are always busy but it is always possible to find some time to make it to the gym. Even as little as a half hour for two or three days a week is much better than no time at all. If I go the gym for six hours a week then the other 162 hours are used for resting, eating, and planning for future workouts.

No comments: